Tuesday 27 October 2015

Bodmin Moor.


Even though I've lived here my whole life I'd never actually been for a proper trek up on Bodmin Moor before a few weeks ago. While dad was on holiday, he, mum and I drove out to Minions one day and spent the afternoon with all the horses, cows, and sheep that live on the moors, and I took a lot of pictures (luckily not all with my film camera this time...)



Unfortunately I didn't get any pictures of the stone circles, The Hurlers, because there were lots of people milling about and one woman in particular just sitting on one of the stones with her dog on her lap. I'm sure we'll go again though and I'll make sure I get some good ones then, but for now I'm not too disappointed. I think I got a lot of other pretty good pictures, if I do say so myself.



There are mine shafts and engine houses everywhere you look on the moors, from the days when this land would have been full of working miners every day rather than cows and horses. The one in the pictures below has been turned into a little museum all about the history of the mines in the area. And, of course, there are also travel leaflets about the places featured in Poldark.



Follow

No comments:

Post a Comment